General Concrete Laborer
Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites.
May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials.
May assist other craft workers.
Form Setting, pour footings and walls, clean up. Flatwork and sitework.
• Apply caulking compounds by hand or caulking guns to protect against entry of water or air.
• Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
• Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring, using abrasive tools or machines.
• Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
• Operate jackhammers or drills to break up concrete or pavement.
• Place, consolidate, or protect case-in-place concrete or masonry structures.
• Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
• Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
• Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Apply weather-stripping to reduce energy loss.
• Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
Driver's license REQUIRED
BASIC ENGLISH and Construction experience preferred
$12-$18 per hour
8-10 hours per day
5-6 days a week