ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Individual will be responsible for maintaining the herd and facilities, including:
· Managing herd health from weanling to finish, work with nursery manager.
· Maintain breeding & vaccination programs and records in DairyComp.
· Help with the management of employees, and training of new employees.
· Work with customers for custom raising heifers.
· Work with the nutritionist, veterinarians, and suppliers.
· Work with management to develop and work within budgets.
This position involves very detailed work, and certain characteristics will help the applicant in achieving
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have previous herdsman and managerial experience
2. Be able to take direction and work well within a team, but also ability to lead others.
3. Be reliable, responsible, and dedicated.
Experience in the dairy industry, specifically as a herdsman or manager is required, minimum 5 years preferred.
Experience working with DairyComp is preferred. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required.
The farm is a 3,500 head operation consisting of heifers and steers. The farm also works 2,400 acres for
cropping, and some custom work.
10-12 hours per day
6 days per week
$75,000 per year
To apply, please contact us at 920-286-6106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.